Tuesday, August 30, 2011

in which today fucking sucks

So, I've had the worst day ever. Because of a new medication, my seizure meds have become slightly less effective, which led to small absence seizures... I didn't really notice what they were until today when I had one or more every five minutes. In case you don't know what those are, your brain is seizing, and you end up missing several seconds of time. It's like closing your eyes and opening them and you're across the room and you're not sure how you are, because you don't remember any of that walk. Or talking on the phone to someone and they're suddenly talking about something else and you have no memory of them changing topics. Some are just a few seconds, some are more like 10 seconds. They're really, really fucking creepy and distressing. So that's what I was having every five minutes. I called my mom, and she called my neurologist who told her to bring me to the hospital immediately. In the hospital I got five million tests run, stabbed repeatedly trying to get an IV in and draw blood (did you know getting an IV in your wrist hurts like fucking hell?), and it seriously sucked. And now I'm sentenced to bed rest for today and tomorrow, despite the fact that this is my first week of classes and that I need to study and go to all of those classes. And I keep having tiny ones and they're still just as distressing... And I can't drive for another fucking six months... and today fucking sucks.

love,
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment