Wednesday, December 1, 2010

reflections...

I don't know why I remembered this today... but I was crying and I looked in the mirror and I remembered something she said. Rhiannon. I'm not going to protect you here, you can pay for your crimes, I'm not in the mood to play nice and hide who you are. It's enough that I have to hide me. But I remember once she told me, when I was crying, that I looked pretty when I cried. It's... it was strange then and it's still strange. A rather sick thing to say, I think, but... I thought so then too. Here I am crying, and letting her see me cry, and she tells me I look pretty when I cry.

A rather sick and twisted thing to say... but she wasn't. I can't say if she is or not anymore, I haven't spoken a single word to her in over two years. I've heard she's cheated, fooled around, didn't even apply to any colleges, and many other things by word of mouth, so maybe she is. I don't know, maybe I never knew her at all.

Reflecting is lovely, loves, once in a while... but don't stare into that pool too long before you lose yourself in who you used to be.

Love,
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment