Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Squirrels and conquering the library

I'm decently sure that all of the professors in the school have giant meetings in which they try to put all projects, presentations, papers, and tests in the same two weeks, and if they can do it, have them all due on the same day. I have two quizzes and an outline for a paper due tomorrow, a test on thursday, and I've also got a bunch of group projects and an individual research project to work on. Why, why, why would I ever chose to research the relationship between disorganized attachment and dissociative identity disorder? Am I an idiot? That's HARD.

But, I conquered the library's computer and printer system today. See, there are only about... fifteen or twenty computers in the library that you can use to print things. Well, if you're lucky and they haven't designated a whole row to be "for guest use only." They do that far too often. Anyway. You'll probably always end up computer-less and wondering what the hell to do, 'cause there's no fucking way you're walking back across campus to the Guinn-Stark computer lab (or figuring out how to get into that lab...). Well, you stake out a spot. Take a chair near the computers, take out some notes to look like you have some dignity left, and watch. Very carefully. If someone gets up to go to the printer control box it's very likely they're going to go back to the computer just to grab their stuff, and then leave. So watch for that, and be prepared to run walk quickly and calmly to the newly free computer. Ta da!

Moving on. I was studying outside in the gardens (I spend my time in the library or outside studying, I'm exciting, right?) when I saw a squirrel considering if he should go across the path or not, the squirrels on campus spend half their time doing that, by the way, I decided to be very still so he could go across and not be afraid. Well, he was so not afraid he spent twenty minutes trying to decide if he should climb up my bag or not. At one point he looked like he was going to try and jump on top of my head. It was really amazing.

Love,
Alice

PS. New, actually fantastic poem up on my website! (http://www.gisellesylphide.webs.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment