Friday, October 29, 2010

Flashback!!!

I was about to write a long entry about jumping in, but then I pulled out of the archives these two takes I wrote a little under a year ago.

Take One: The water below me swells and crashes into the rocks before receding. It must be at least a hundred feet from where I stand on the cliff to the liquid swirling beneath me. The distance is intimidating. Breathing in deeply, I walk to the end of the cliff, and jump.

Take Two: The water below me swells and crashes in a wave of white foam against the rocks before receding suddenly. It must be at least one hundred feet from where I stood at the top of the cliff to the liquid swirling beneath me. The distance is intimidating. I must go past the edge though. I must push myself to jump in, and start anew. Breathing in deeply I walk to the edge of the cliff. There is no time for hesitation. I squeeze my eyes shut, hold my breath, and take the plunge.

At the time I much preferred take two but now I see that take one was more like the situation about two months ago. And two months ago I said "fuck you, fear" and told the truth and jumped. And I've never been happier. =)

For those of you have been watching the space below... well. Look!

Love,
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment